Contribute
Register

Folio 13-2000 Yosemite post installation trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so a quick update.

I basically reinstalled OSX10 and it kept my settings, due to the EFI partition which is great.

In doing so the resolution is fixed, and I can see the HD3000 shows as 512Mb

Im still unsure though whether the intel graphics driver is installed? how can i check ?

Also i am getting the odd graphical lines glitching.

The backlight dosen't work, but strangely if i press sleep, when it wakes back up the screen is much brighter!

Also the Battery symbol still wont show in the toolbar, besides those issues its almost there!

I've re-attached my config.plist and debug files if that helps.

Thanks
normally the dock will have transparency if the graphics are working

backlight probably won't work until graphics are setup correctly

missing smbios info

what happens if you use a config,.plist from the guide untouched?

AppleHDA.kext should not be in clover, not sure why you copied it there for?

you will have to learn how to patch your DSDT to get working battery stats

I can’t honestly quite tell if the menu bar is transparent I don’t think it is

how do I actually complete the symbols info as I read guides and saw no ‘magic wand’

if I go through multibeast and pick Mac Pro8.1 it works but I think the info goes into chameleon.plist and nothing shows in clover configurator?

I’ll remove Apple hda

last time I tried a pre configured .plist from the laptop guide it removed my dual boot and the graphics went blank upon loading OSX

This is a fresh install though so I’ll try again and see what happens!

Thanks

I can’t honestly quite tell if the menu bar is transparent I don’t think it is

how do I actually complete the symbols info as I read guides and saw no ‘magic wand’

if I go through multibeast and pick Mac Pro8.1 it works but I think the info goes into chameleon.plist and nothing shows in clover configurator?

I’ll remove Apple hda

last time I tried a pre configured .plist from the laptop guide it removed my dual boot and the graphics went blank upon loading OSX

This is a fresh install though so I’ll try again and see what happens!

Thanks
to be honest, it has been a few years since I used Yosemite, any chance you can try El Capitan? or Sierra?

I can I just wasn’t sure whether it would all work with a newer version and I’m on legacy?

I can I just wasn’t sure whether it would all work with a newer version and I’m on legacy?
yes, both can work on legacy:

just make sure you use an updated version of clover

and for the download links:

Thanks for the post, am i ok to use High Sierra or is it too buggy?

Ok so its been a week or so but I have now installed High Sierra all successfully with the latest legacy clover bootloader with all cores active and booting no problem.

The good news is I have used RehabMans HD3000 1366x768 Config.plist and I can see the Hd3000 having 512 memory and is the correct resolution on the laptop and on a 1440p external monitor through HDMI.

Although I don't see any other features on the graphics tab?

I have had to get up to speed with how High Sierra works in terms of Kexts Etc but i think i'm there.

I have some issue outstanding perhaps you can help?

Touchpad
I have installed AppleSmartTouchpad.kext but it does not show in the touchpad with all the settings like in Yosemite? the touchpad and keyboard work but I would like the options for the gestures etc.

Backlight
I installed ACPIBacklight.kext and it didn't do anything (when I 'sleep' the laptop it is much brighter when it wakes)

Bluetooth
Since going to High Sierra my Bluetooth works for an external keyboard but no a hotspot from my iPhone? it says connection failed? Also i am in the process of installing a new Atheros wifi card.

Sound
Sound has been hit and miss, I had it working and then it stopped (I installed AppleHDA and Voodoo v 2.8.6 from Multibeast) but after a few reboots the symbol went grey again so I have removed all of the injected kexts as i'm not sure what works and it was getting messy.

USB
I have 2 usb 2.0 ports and only 1 works out the box in High Sierra, both worked in Yosemite.

Battery Symbol
Battery symbol wont show in menu bar.

Thanks Again

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.3 MB · Views: 128
  • debug_19719.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 109
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 20.55.42.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 20.55.42.png
    896.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 20.58.41.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 20.58.41.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 103
Ok so its been a week or so but I have now installed High Sierra all successfully with the latest legacy clover bootloader with all cores active and booting no problem.

The good news is I have used RehabMans HD3000 1366x768 Config.plist and I can see the Hd3000 having 512 memory and is the correct resolution on the laptop and on a 1440p external monitor through HDMI.

Although I don't see any other features on the graphics tab?

I have had to get up to speed with how High Sierra works in terms of Kexts Etc but i think i'm there.

I have some issue outstanding perhaps you can help?

Touchpad
I have installed AppleSmartTouchpad.kext but it does not show in the touchpad with all the settings like in Yosemite? the touchpad and keyboard work but I would like the options for the gestures etc.

Backlight
I installed ACPIBacklight.kext and it didn't do anything (when I 'sleep' the laptop it is much brighter when it wakes)

Bluetooth
Since going to High Sierra my Bluetooth works for an external keyboard but no a hotspot from my iPhone? it says connection failed? Also i am in the process of installing a new Atheros wifi card.

Sound
Sound has been hit and miss, I had it working and then it stopped (I installed AppleHDA and Voodoo v 2.8.6 from Multibeast) but after a few reboots the symbol went grey again so I have removed all of the injected kexts as i'm not sure what works and it was getting messy.

USB
I have 2 usb 2.0 ports and only 1 works out the box in High Sierra, both worked in Yosemite.

Battery Symbol
Battery symbol wont show in menu bar.

Thanks Again
config.plist:

enable these:
Code:
<key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment-IRQ Fix</key>
                <string>The following fixes may be needed for onboard audio/USB/etc</string>
                <key>FixHPET</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRTC</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixTMR</key>
                <false/>
            </dict>

make this:
Code:
<key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
        </dict>

look like:
Code:
<key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>No</string>
        </dict>

this:
Code:
<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1b,0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>#Comment</key>
                <string>Intel HDA</string>
                <key>#PinConfigurations</key>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>#hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>#layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
            </dict>

make it look like:
Code:
<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1b,0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>#Comment</key>
                <string>Intel HDA</string>
                <key>#PinConfigurations</key>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
            </dict>
currently it is set to 3, check over applealc wiki to see compatible numbers and trial and error:

add SSDT-PNLF.aml to acpi/patched folder (download from whatevergreen.kext)

may also need SSDT-ALS0.aml in acpi/patched folder as well

usb setup guide:

with battery, sometimes having VirtualSMC.kext (replace FakeSMC.kext) and SMCBatteryManager.kext can make the battery work

try VoodooPS2Controller.kext for trackpad

Thats great I will get on these, thanks again Feartech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back