Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Ventura+OC: BCM94352Z wi-fi works, but occasionally doesn't..?

Ok, turns out that wasn’t the cause of the orig issue - WiFi still fails on the first macOS boot after running Windows. I’ll try updating OC from 0.9.7 to 1.0.0 when I get the chance, apparently there’s a change to the broadcom handling that might help…?

Updating OpenCore won't fix your WiFi issues. Have you read any of the update logs for the last three OC releases, none of the blurb provided by the Acidanthera group mentions fixing Broadcom WiFi, IIRC.

Natively supported Broadcom WiFi/BT, such as your BCM94352Z should work without any fixes or patches in macOS Ventura.

I have just booted up one of my Dell OptiPlex 3050 MFF systems, which uses a Broadcom BCM94352Z WiFi/BT card (Dell 1560), to check what I used when configuring this WiFi/BT card for Ventura 13.6.4.

I have the following kext in the OpenCore /EFI/OC/Kexts folder with a matching entry for the kext in the config:
  • AirportBrcmFixup.kext for the WiFi, version 2.1.8.
  • With the AirportBrcmFixup.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext the only plugin present and enabled in OC.
  • When running Monterey or newer I delete the AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext from the plugin folder, as it is not needed.
  • I use this Boot argument - brcmfx-country=GB, so the system has the correct country code.
Nothing else, and this is running the system using OpenCore 0.9.2.

The Dell 1560 card works in Windows and macOS.
It works without any issues when rebooting the system and switching from macOS to Windows and back to macOS. I don't lose the WiFi device after a system reboot.

Does the same thing happen with the WiFi device when you shutdown the system, then press the power button to cold boot the system and boot in to macOS?

I have just updated the system to run Ventura 13.6.6 and no change with the Broadcom WiFi device, using AirportBrcmFixup.kext v 2.1.8.

Ok, i just removed BrcmPatchRAM3, BrcmFirmwareData and the unneeded plugin inside Fixup kext, updated the config and rebooted - just as you said, it works! I'd previously tried to run it without those kexts as I knew the card was supposed to be fully supported, but i couldn't get it working without the kexts before. Must've been another issue all along. It's running great now, not had any probs so far.
Quick one: There are 2x entries in Config>Kernal>Add:

AirportBrcmFixup.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext
AirportBrcmFixup.kext

Is the second one necessary?
Really appreciate your help on this cheers again!

Last edited:
Yes, both are necessary.

Back